📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Maps introduces new ways to explore the world. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Steam Games from Mac

I downloaded Steam and then installed a few games through Steam on my Mac Mini. I uninstalled the games from steam by going to the Library in steam and clicking uninstall. I then uninstalled the Steam application itself, and then I uninstalled the Steam folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Steam. Yet all of these deletions did not restore my hard drive space. There is still 80 GB of space that should be freed that is occupied. Where are the Steam games stored? How do I restore the space I had?

Thank you in advance

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 2:05 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jul 29, 2023 8:22 PM in response to bobmc30

Hi bobmc30

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Delete Steam Games from Mac"

Seems depending on your settings, deleted items may stay in the bin / trash. Accidentally deleted items can thus be restored if needed. Else deleted items could stay for eg: 30 days, or until you "empty" the bin / trash.

If you wish: depending on you Mac OS version, you could check the settings:

Eg: On MacOS Monterey : Finder (menu) > Preferences > Advanced >

You can see if "Remove items from bin after 30 days" is ticked or not.

Also:

If you empty the bin to restore the storage space, (or if you already did that earlier): you will likely need to "restart" your Mac (Apple menu > restart) to see the effect of the change in storage when you log back in.

All the best :-)

Delete Steam Games from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.