Hi, I just got an M2 Pro Mac mini and was wondering about the performance for this 4k monitor

Hi, I just got an M2 Pro Mac mini and was wondering about the performance for 4k monitor.

i’m still pretty new to Mac Mini M2 pro and was wondering if the performance will be less if I buy a Dell Ultrasharp 4k U2723QE monitor on it because it will push more pixels right? So I'm thinking that it will put its GPU in strain all the time with the 4k monitor. Is this true?

Sorry, pretty stupid question but will it affect my m2 pro mac mini performance to pair it with this 4k monitor? Im currently using a gaming 23” inches 165hz 1080p monitor on it from my last PC but it's not good for editing so I want a 4k monitor. Thank you

thanks

Mac mini

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 11:38 PM

According to Apple, the M2 Pro Mac Mini can drive

Option 1: Two 6K displays over Thunderbolt, plus one 4K display over HDMI

Option 2: One 6K display over Thunderbolt, plus one 4K, 144 Hz display over HDMI

Option 3a: One 8K display over HDMI

Option 3b: One 4K, 240 Hz display over HDMI

A single 4K display running at 60 Hz is well within the limits for your machine. Yes, you'll be pushing 4x as many pixels as with a 1080p display, but only 1/4th as many pixels as needed for an 8K one …

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2023 11:38 PM in response to Jgabpanda

According to Apple, the M2 Pro Mac Mini can drive

Option 1: Two 6K displays over Thunderbolt, plus one 4K display over HDMI

Option 2: One 6K display over Thunderbolt, plus one 4K, 144 Hz display over HDMI

Option 3a: One 8K display over HDMI

Option 3b: One 4K, 240 Hz display over HDMI

A single 4K display running at 60 Hz is well within the limits for your machine. Yes, you'll be pushing 4x as many pixels as with a 1080p display, but only 1/4th as many pixels as needed for an 8K one …

Hi, I just got an M2 Pro Mac mini and was wondering about the performance for this 4k monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.