Reinstalling apps

Hello,

I purchased an app a while ago and now I have to reinstall it (even though the last time I used it was last week.

The app cost $20 so I don’t want to have to buy it again, and I had a lot of important things on it so I would not like it to delete its data.

When I attempt to re-install it, it says ‘Unable to install, try again later,’ I have tried several times but it still doesn’t work. I went to the App Store but it says the price.

How can I re-install it without buying it again or losing the data on it?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 7:28 AM

Hello sarag5566,

We would like to see how we can help you with redownloading your app. Are you using the same Apple ID as you were when you originally downloaded it? Follow the steps in this link and get back to us with your results: Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

"How to redownload apps on iPhone or iPad

1. Open the App Store app.
  2. Tap the sign-in button  or your photo at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap Purchased.
  4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
  5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
  6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button .

Learn what to do if you can't redownload the app. If you can't find the app on your device, use the App Library to find the app."

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2023 7:28 AM in response to sarag5566

Hello sarag5566,

We would like to see how we can help you with redownloading your app. Are you using the same Apple ID as you were when you originally downloaded it? Follow the steps in this link and get back to us with your results: Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

"How to redownload apps on iPhone or iPad

1. Open the App Store app.
  2. Tap the sign-in button  or your photo at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap Purchased.
  4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member’s name to see content that they purchased.
  5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
  6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button .

Learn what to do if you can't redownload the app. If you can't find the app on your device, use the App Library to find the app."

Cheers!

Aug 5, 2023 6:25 AM in response to sarag5566

Hi sarag5566,

We'd be happy to get your questions answered. You can create a Family Sharing group, and add your old and new accounts. Here's how: Set up Family Sharing

Keep in mind that with Family Sharing you can haver up to six family members.

Then you can share purchases, so you can share this app between the two accounts. For more information, check this out: How to share purchases with your family

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Reinstalling apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.