📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play music stored on Iphone

I will travel abroad soon and don’t want to use streaming. How do I play the music already stored on my iPhone?

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 12:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 3:48 AM

Open the Apple Music app, find the album, track or playlist. Place it in your library, as soon as it is in the library, the plus sign will change to a down arrow. When you click on this arrow, a spinning circle appears. As long as that circle keeps spinning, downloading will continue. As soon as there is a V, the track/album or playlist is in the memory of your device. The free available memory determines how much can be downloaded. After that listening is always possible and if there are other devices nearby with Bluetooth or Airplay2 reception. Can you without using the internet (no data consumption) always listen. Have a good holiday.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2023 3:48 AM in response to Mike Gunnill

Open the Apple Music app, find the album, track or playlist. Place it in your library, as soon as it is in the library, the plus sign will change to a down arrow. When you click on this arrow, a spinning circle appears. As long as that circle keeps spinning, downloading will continue. As soon as there is a V, the track/album or playlist is in the memory of your device. The free available memory determines how much can be downloaded. After that listening is always possible and if there are other devices nearby with Bluetooth or Airplay2 reception. Can you without using the internet (no data consumption) always listen. Have a good holiday.

Play music stored on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.