Philips HUE lamps are not responding in Home app

Hi all, maybe someone had a similar issue?

Philips HUE works as a standalone app, but lights do not respond in Apple Home app.

What I tried:

1. Sign out/Sign in Philips HUE app;
  2. Reconnect HUE Bridge device a couple of times;
  3. Reconnect Voice assistant (Siri) in Philips app;
  4. Delete the entire home and create a new one in the Home app.

Siris says that table light is not responding.

I can't turn the light on/off through the Home app.

There seems to be no connection with Apple anymore.

This started about 3 months ago.

Any ideas?

iPhone 14

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2023 11:59 AM

I've been having the same issue ever since iOS 17.2 was put out for iPhones and tvOS and homepodOS. I'd consider switching to nanoleaf, but they also use Matter as part of the integration. Wouldn't they have the same issue if it's a Matter integration problem? If not, then I'll probably switch too. Hate this because my Philips Hue worked PERFECT for the last two years until now. Such a disappointment.

Similar questions

34 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2023 11:59 AM in response to AdamHavard

I've been having the same issue ever since iOS 17.2 was put out for iPhones and tvOS and homepodOS. I'd consider switching to nanoleaf, but they also use Matter as part of the integration. Wouldn't they have the same issue if it's a Matter integration problem? If not, then I'll probably switch too. Hate this because my Philips Hue worked PERFECT for the last two years until now. Such a disappointment.

Dec 15, 2023 7:39 AM in response to vboyev

The issue seems to be with the Matter integration but I was able to find a work around if you are still having issues with your Hue lights not responding on the Home app:

Remove your current non-working hue bridge connection and then re-add it via this way:

In the Hue app: The Matter pairing code for the Hue bridge is generated through Settings > Smart Home > "+" > Other Apps > Get Pairing Code

On the Apple Home App: + > Add accessory > More options... > My Accessory Isn't Shown Here > Enter Set Up Code > Enter code...

This allowed me to add the Hue bridge as a generic "Matter" device, but all my lights came along with it and I am able to control them from the Home App now.

Jan 3, 2024 6:37 AM in response to vboyev

Yes - having this same issue, here's how it fails:

• use homepod to set a scene that includes a bunch of lights. First time it does like half the lights (and like 10 seconds). Then I have to ask Siri like 2-3 more times. It's INFURIATING. Like clearly homepod and Siri are able to actually control the lights, it just fails like an idiot and stops trying. Just try again a few times.
  • same issue when using home app - i have to click the scene several times to get it to do anything.

This is embarrassing - Apple keeps promising to improve it but it just gets worse

Jan 16, 2024 11:32 PM in response to AdamHavard

*UPDATE*

Ok, guys I officially figured it out it's the router. If you especially have an Xfinity xb5/ xb6 router take it back to Xfinity and ask them for their newest xb7 model.

As soon as you install the new router DO NOT AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY DO NOT Turn on Advanced security protection. That is part of the reason it will not allow the Phillips Hue hub to gain access to HomeKit. Do not setup on the hue app at all. Set up through the home app instead and after a couple tries it will finally work as a matter device.

It's a shame Xfinity does updates to your current router and make new routers then don't even update us on when they come out. I wish I had AT&T instead.

Jan 5, 2024 10:21 PM in response to edu_robotics

Gave a bridge v2 error still.

Reverted to add via Home, that worked, and then I slowly assigned on prompt, instead of batching the 29 accessories.

Seems to be a lag issue.

Won't add Hue sync, as it duplicated all my 29 accessories, and left ghosts, and lag.

Started last Thursday.

Holding for now.

Slowly re-grouping, and then last will be automation.

First bridge v1 with 40 accessories not affected.

Feb 24, 2024 8:17 AM in response to AdamHavard

I was so excited to read this until I checked my router and it was already the newest xb7 model~! Spent all day troubleshooting this issue that hue will not sync with apple home, just can't find the accessory and I'm getting the same error code 6 everyone else is getting. So I deleted the hue app and reinstalled, removed the bridge from HomeKit and Hue, factory restore hue bridge countless times, deleted Hue account and made a new one, purchased another new bridge, repeat and rinse. I'm sure you can imagine my frustration level at this point. Here I go removing all home hubs(HomePods) and reconfigured for a new home I created, that didn't work so I deleted my home in HomeKit which is what I was trying to avoid! Deleted HomeKit app, purchased another new bridge, , repeat and rinse again......8 hours later..I read it's a common issue that dated back summer of 2023 and it's still not resolved. Very dissapointing to see so many issues for a large brand. Please if anyone has any updates on this - would greatly appreciate it if you shared.

Mar 31, 2024 9:26 PM in response to vboyev

Had the same issue and tried all of the basic resetting, troubleshooting and adding the bridge through matter code but still was not successful. Got in touch with hue support team and they recommended upgrading my Xfinity modem to their latest model#XB8 which they do it for free when requested.

once upgraded, issue was resolved and was able to add hue bridge and associated devices to HomeKit.

Philips HUE lamps are not responding in Home app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.