Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Macbook turns off whenever I unplug it and open an application

I noticed this yesterday and was concerned on what was happening, my battery was at 100% and i decided to open browser to play games like roblox, when the roblox app opened, my laptop froze and immediately shut down. I tried to manually turn it on but during the booting, it turned off again. I then plugged in my charger and it then finally turned back on normally but the battery percent was 10%, A message with title 'problem report' was displayed stating "your computer was restarted because of a problem." I then let it charge for a bit until it was at 100% but once i unplugged it, the issue happened again. I really hope there is a way to fix this as i can no longer use my laptop without it having to be plugged in

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 4:44 AM

chibunyetu wrote:

I noticed this yesterday and was concerned on what was happening, my battery was at 100% and i decided to open browser to play games like roblox, when the roblox app opened, my laptop froze and immediately shut down. I tried to manually turn it on but during the booting, it turned off again. I then plugged in my charger and it then finally turned back on normally but the battery percent was 10%,

This could be an indicator that the Battery is failing or failed.

It can no longer provide enough Power to Reliable make the computer function

Batteries are considered Consumable Products.

Over time it will degrade to a point where it needs to be replaced.

The usage is normal as the capacity will go up and down all the time and never stay always at 100%.

Apple Batteries are rated for 1000 Full Battery Cycles and / or 80% Capacity before needing Evaluation or replacement.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 4:44 AM in response to chibunyetu

chibunyetu wrote:

I noticed this yesterday and was concerned on what was happening, my battery was at 100% and i decided to open browser to play games like roblox, when the roblox app opened, my laptop froze and immediately shut down. I tried to manually turn it on but during the booting, it turned off again. I then plugged in my charger and it then finally turned back on normally but the battery percent was 10%,

This could be an indicator that the Battery is failing or failed.

It can no longer provide enough Power to Reliable make the computer function

Batteries are considered Consumable Products.

Over time it will degrade to a point where it needs to be replaced.

The usage is normal as the capacity will go up and down all the time and never stay always at 100%.

Apple Batteries are rated for 1000 Full Battery Cycles and / or 80% Capacity before needing Evaluation or replacement.

Macbook turns off whenever I unplug it and open an application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.