Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Recover deleted photos

Hi,

A few days ago I deleted some of my photos from library. They were in Icloud at that time. Now they are deleted from icloud. How can I restore them?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 8:11 AM

As long as you are using iCloud Photos, the library on your iPhone will always be identical to the library in iCloud. The main purpose of iCloud Photos is to keep your photos identical on iCloud and all your devices. If you delete a photo in Photos on your iPhone, it will be deleted from iCloud and all your other synced devices as well.

I hope you did not yet empty the Recently Deleted album. It is the only place where you can recover deleted photos up to thirty days after you deleted them.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 8:11 AM in response to Photosrecover

As long as you are using iCloud Photos, the library on your iPhone will always be identical to the library in iCloud. The main purpose of iCloud Photos is to keep your photos identical on iCloud and all your devices. If you delete a photo in Photos on your iPhone, it will be deleted from iCloud and all your other synced devices as well.

I hope you did not yet empty the Recently Deleted album. It is the only place where you can recover deleted photos up to thirty days after you deleted them.

Apr 29, 2024 6:05 AM in response to Photosrecover

"if I already empty my recently deleted album, I can’t restore my photos anymore?"

No sorry, Recently Deleted is the only place where deleted photos are saved for recovery. As you have been using iCloud Photos, your iCloud backup of your iPhone will not have saved your photos either. You have to fall back on your backups on a computer.

Recover deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.