iPhone keyboard and lock sound reversed in volume.

So I noticed that my keyboard typing sound was loud, so I turned my volume down all the way, and my eardrums nearly blew off. But when I turn the volume up, it goes silent. I have tried restarting and turning those sounds off and on again. Siri works perfectly, and so does media. It’s just those typing sounds and lock sounds. Also, I have the latest iOS (16.6) and an iPhone 14 Pro Max. Please help.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 10:04 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 1, 2023 8:15 AM in response to Johnnymm

Hi Johnnymm,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your speakers are no longer working. Run Apple Diagnostics to test whether your hardware has an identified issue.

Prepare your Mac
1. If you're able to install the latest macOS updates, do so before continuing.
2. Shut down your Mac.
3. Disconnect all external devices except keyboard, mouse, display, Ethernet connection (if applicable), and connection to AC power. 
4. Make sure that your Mac is on a hard, flat, stable surface with good ventilation.

Start Apple Diagnostics

Determine whether you're using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the appropriate steps:

Apple silicon
1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac. (Every Mac has a power button. On laptop computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.)
2. As you continue to hold the power button, your Mac turns on and loads startup options. When you see Options, release the power button.
3. Press and hold Command (⌘)-D on your keyboard.

Intel processor
1. Turn on your Mac, then immediately press and hold the D key on your keyboard as your Mac starts up. 
2. Release when you see a progress bar or you're asked to choose a language.
If using the D key doesn't work, press and hold Option (⌥)-D at startup instead. If neither method works, review the guidelines for using key combinations at startup.
You may be asked to choose a language and make sure that you have an active network connection. You can use the Wi-Fi menu  in the upper-right corner of your screen to choose a Wi-Fi network.

Continue with the remaining steps in Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support.

Regards.

iPhone keyboard and lock sound reversed in volume.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.