Appleid issue on airpods

I have bought used airpods pro. They are associated with some apple id that is not letting me use find my airpods fully. Previous owner doesn’t even know who the real owner is, can someone please help with how to find the apple id associated with my airpods?

thankyou!

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 7:32 PM

Anas 99 Said:

"Appleid issue on AirPods: I have bought used airpods pro. They are associated with some apple id that is not letting me use find my airpods fully. Previous owner doesn’t even know who the real owner is, can someone please help with how to find the apple id associated with my airpods? thankyou!"

-------

Moving AirPods to a New Apple ID:

You need to remove these from that Apple ID. These are trash, so, recycle them at your local recycling facility.

1. Go Here: If an Item or Device is Connected to Another Apple ID - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "If you try to set up an Apple device such as AirPods, an item such as AirTag, or another Find My network accessory and see a message that it's paired to another Apple ID, the device or item needs to be removed from that Apple ID before you can pair it with a new Apple ID. The previous owner might have to follow the steps to unpair."
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 7:32 PM in response to Anas 99

Anas 99 Said:

"Appleid issue on AirPods: I have bought used airpods pro. They are associated with some apple id that is not letting me use find my airpods fully. Previous owner doesn’t even know who the real owner is, can someone please help with how to find the apple id associated with my airpods? thankyou!"

-------

Moving AirPods to a New Apple ID:

You need to remove these from that Apple ID. These are trash, so, recycle them at your local recycling facility.

1. Go Here: If an Item or Device is Connected to Another Apple ID - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "If you try to set up an Apple device such as AirPods, an item such as AirTag, or another Find My network accessory and see a message that it's paired to another Apple ID, the device or item needs to be removed from that Apple ID before you can pair it with a new Apple ID. The previous owner might have to follow the steps to unpair."

Appleid issue on airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.