Cannot Get Mail, No connection available to retrieve messages from Gmail/Yahoo

My watch and phone are up to date. Last time I got mail on my watch was 2021. Been too lazy to try to figure it out. iPhone 11 Pro. iWatch series 3 This is the error:

Cannot Get Mail, No connection available to retrieve messages from Gmail!

everything looks OK on the Apple Watch app on my iPhone. I signed into Gmail, but it still doesn’t work.

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 11:48 AM

Hi, Thank you for the response. I don't think I was perfectly clear. I can't get the mail on my Apple Watch. Both Gmail and Yahoo mail work fine on my iPhone and iPad. It is the watch that gives that error message

"No connection available to retrieve messages from Gmail" (or Yahoo). Other apps that start on my phone, like Peloton, are working on my watch so they are paired.

Much appreciated.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 11:48 AM in response to Lissy_12

Hi, Thank you for the response. I don't think I was perfectly clear. I can't get the mail on my Apple Watch. Both Gmail and Yahoo mail work fine on my iPhone and iPad. It is the watch that gives that error message

"No connection available to retrieve messages from Gmail" (or Yahoo). Other apps that start on my phone, like Peloton, are working on my watch so they are paired.

Much appreciated.

Aug 1, 2023 10:03 AM in response to Nikita024

Hi Nikita024,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! If you're unable to receive mail, the steps below may help:

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

• When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. If you delete or change your email account settings, previously downloaded emails might be removed from your device.
• Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet.
• Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.
• If you can't access your email, or you can't send and receive messages with your @icloud.com email address, learn what to do.

Remove your email account and set it up again
1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device.
2. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
4. Tap Delete Account.
5. Add your account again.
If these steps don't work, contact your email service provider for more information.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Jun 12, 2024 12:24 PM in response to judysings

I continue having this issue and cannot solve it. I've also taken these steps:

1) Restarted the watch and iPhone

2) Confirmed that all software is up to date

3) Checked the "Load Remote Images" toggle

It also appears I cannot uninstall the Mail app, so that's not an option. I'd really like to avoid uninstalling my account from my phone just so it fixes the watch, there should be an easier way to do this.

Has anyone had this issue and successfully resolved it?

Thanks!

Cannot Get Mail, No connection available to retrieve messages from Gmail/Yahoo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.