How to open mission control Ventura

I want to keep two apps open at once, I upgraded this M1 from whatever was before Ventura and so I'm finding the window organiser limits most apps to only one window at a time on screen, which is a bit perplexing when I want to drag a file from finder into an app. All my open apps are in some kind of hovering preview thing on the left for some reason, CTRL+DownArrow switches that mode, but I seem to still only be allowed on app at a time. Is this what we call mission control? I cannot find mission control in the system settings anywhere, so maybe I'm missing a mechano part? I cannot seem to work out how to do this split view thing either, not that that's what I want really, but if that's the new way, then how do I enable it?

1. I don't use this mac often enough to memorise everything. I'm on Ventura 13.4 on an M1
  2. I've learned to use both Ubuntu and Windows, so please keep it low friction

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 9:30 AM

What you are seeing is Stage Manager. You can disable it if you don't want to use it.

To use more than one screen at a time with Stage Manager, you can drag screens from the left panel to the center to have them open in the same "group."

To turn if off, you can go to System Settings ➜ Desktop & Dock ➜ Stage Manager.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 9:30 AM in response to conradbraam

What you are seeing is Stage Manager. You can disable it if you don't want to use it.

To use more than one screen at a time with Stage Manager, you can drag screens from the left panel to the center to have them open in the same "group."

To turn if off, you can go to System Settings ➜ Desktop & Dock ➜ Stage Manager.

How to open mission control Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.