iphone out of warranty

Question for the people of Apple when I buy an iPhone it is owned by me or owned by Apple can I repair it in an unauthorized service

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 2:34 PM

If you purchase an iPhone from an authorized Apple dealer, you own the phone.

But, if you take the phone to an unauthorized service shop, Apple will refuse to work on the phone in the future because of tampering, even if the phone is out of warranty.

Remember that unauthorized shops cannot obtain genuine Apple replacement parts.

For example, we see posts almost each day from users who have used an unauthorized shop to replace the battery in the iPhone. The users complain that Battery Health settings no longer work and often, the phone overheats. The shop cannot install the correct battery because they cannot obtain it from Apple.

The users then takes the phone to an Apple Store or authorized repair shop to get the phone fixed. The shop will refuse to even look at the phone because it has been tampered with by unauthorized persons.

So, if you decide to take the phone to an unauthorized shop........good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2023 2:34 PM in response to vasquez102

If you purchase an iPhone from an authorized Apple dealer, you own the phone.

But, if you take the phone to an unauthorized service shop, Apple will refuse to work on the phone in the future because of tampering, even if the phone is out of warranty.

Remember that unauthorized shops cannot obtain genuine Apple replacement parts.

For example, we see posts almost each day from users who have used an unauthorized shop to replace the battery in the iPhone. The users complain that Battery Health settings no longer work and often, the phone overheats. The shop cannot install the correct battery because they cannot obtain it from Apple.

The users then takes the phone to an Apple Store or authorized repair shop to get the phone fixed. The shop will refuse to even look at the phone because it has been tampered with by unauthorized persons.

So, if you decide to take the phone to an unauthorized shop........good luck.

iphone out of warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.