Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My Macbook Pro M2 os Ventura is stuck at the home screen my login pin dos

I can’t get passed the login screen on my MacBook Pro M2 after playing around with the Sleep and Focus settings. My keyboard isn’t accepting certain numbers and characters. As a retired War Veteran I am completely blown away by this and would appreciate any help to resolve this. CJJPOMPEY

Colin’s MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 1:22 AM

CJJPompey wrote:

I can’t get passed the login screen on my MacBook Pro M2 after playing around with the Sleep and Focus settings. My keyboard isn’t accepting certain numbers and characters. As a retired War Veteran I am completely blown away by this and would appreciate any help to resolve this. CJJPOMPEY

Reset Computer Password  for the Administrator Account Password

Apple Silicon M1 / M2 Computer 

1 - Choose Apple menu > > Shut Down

1B - If using a Bluetooth Keyboard with Rechargeable Battery - Cable the Keyboard to computer for this unique purpose.

2- Do not  attempt a Restart to access this feature. The computer Must be Shutdown and pause for about 10 seconds before moving forwards 

3 - Press and hold the power button on your Mac until you see “Loading startup options.”

4 - Click Options, then click Continue. 

5 - Top Tool Bar >> Utilities >> Terminal

6 - Type resetpassword as one word and no spaces

7 - Press Return key

8 - Follow the prompts and remember the New Password

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 1:22 AM in response to CJJPompey

CJJPompey wrote:

Reset Computer Password  for the Administrator Account Password

Apple Silicon M1 / M2 Computer 

1 - Choose Apple menu > > Shut Down

1B - If using a Bluetooth Keyboard with Rechargeable Battery - Cable the Keyboard to computer for this unique purpose.

2- Do not  attempt a Restart to access this feature. The computer Must be Shutdown and pause for about 10 seconds before moving forwards 

3 - Press and hold the power button on your Mac until you see “Loading startup options.”

4 - Click Options, then click Continue. 

5 - Top Tool Bar >> Utilities >> Terminal

6 - Type resetpassword as one word and no spaces

7 - Press Return key

8 - Follow the prompts and remember the New Password

My Macbook Pro M2 os Ventura is stuck at the home screen my login pin dos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.