Mail not working.

I recently upgraded to macOS Ventura 13.4.1. Now I have a problem with the Mail app.

When I try to open Mail, it says:

“Welcome to Mail. To use the new features, your existing mail messages need to be imported ……………Click Continue, to import ………….” When I click on import, it says “Preparing to import”, then “Import failed, try again”. I try over and over again, always the same result.

My question is, can I delete or uninstall the mail app and then reinstall again?

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:58 AM

Well without have direct access to that specific Computer and be abbey to Show how it is done.

This appears to have reached its zenith of On-line support for me

As an alternative

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

3 - Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

4 - Make an Appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and have them evaluate the computer

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 7:58 AM in response to margalina

Well without have direct access to that specific Computer and be abbey to Show how it is done.

This appears to have reached its zenith of On-line support for me

As an alternative

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

3 - Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

4 - Make an Appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and have them evaluate the computer

Aug 2, 2023 7:36 AM in response to margalina

margalina wrote:

I recently upgraded to macOS Ventura 13.4.1. Now I have a problem with the Mail app.

When I try to open Mail, it says:

“Welcome to Mail. To use the new features, your existing mail messages need to be imported ……………Click Continue, to import ………….” When I click on import, it says “Preparing to import”, then “Import failed, try again”. I try over and over again, always the same result.

My question is, can I delete or uninstall the mail app and then reinstall again?

No

The Application is built into the Operating System and can not be removed or deleted

You can try Launching the Mail Application is a Safe Launch

With Mail totally closed

Hold the SHIFT key and attempt to launch Mail

Further, the current stable version is not Ventura 13.5

The updates do bring some Big Fixes and Security Fixes

Some of which may or may not be elated to this issue this computer is experiencing

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.5 - Apple Support (CA)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

Aug 2, 2023 1:18 PM in response to margalina

Welcome

Sorry to read neither the Safe Launch of Mail nor the update procedures have workout as expected.

To save us a back and forth, question / answer / question / answer situation

Suggest you download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

Aug 3, 2023 5:17 AM in response to PRP_53

With the help of the Old Toad Gif I was able to copy the report but on the "Additional Text" screen I was only able to put in the title. I could paste the Etrecheck Report into the "Add a note, error log, etc." space.

Thank you so much for your effort so far but I am afraid I have to give up on fixing the problem I have with Updating to Ventura 13.5 and not being able to use Macmail.

Aug 3, 2023 7:44 AM in response to PRP_53

That's exactly what I did. I was able to copy it (I am able to paste it anywhere else) but It does not paste into the area where it belongs (the area that you clearly indicate in your answer).

I was even able to paste it into the Title area but it was way to much text for there.

Maybe this is just another problem since I upgrated to Ventura.

By the way, I copied the following from the Etrecheck Report:

Major Issues: None

Minor Issues:

These issues do not need immediate attention but they may indicate future problems or opportunities for improvement.

Aug 3, 2023 8:53 AM in response to PRP_53

I was actually now able to update to Ventura 13.5. I tried it again and when it got stuck again at "15 min left", I waited for over an hour, and finally it continiued. Unfortunately, it didn'd resolve my problem with mail.

I will try some of the alternatives you are suggesting.

Thank you so much for your effort.

Maybe some day you can help me with another problem.

Mail not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.