Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

why wont it let me update an app

I have an iPhone 7 and I’m trying to update an app but at the top it says “put Apple ID” but when I look at the user it doesn’t say my user it says my moms gmail user and when I put her Apple ID it didn’t work, and I tried her old gmail password and it didn’t work and then I tried her new gmail password but it didn’t work, I put my Apple ID password but it also didn’t work, what do I do?

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 4:06 PM

Stars_luvie wrote:

I have an iPhone 7 and I’m trying to update an app but at the top it says “put Apple ID” but when I look at the user it doesn’t say my user it says my moms gmail user and when I put her Apple ID it didn’t work, and I tried her old gmail password and it didn’t work and then I tried her new gmail password but it didn’t work, I put my Apple ID password but it also didn’t work, what do I do?

Delete the app and redownload under your apple id.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2023 4:06 PM in response to Stars_luvie

Stars_luvie wrote:

Delete the app and redownload under your apple id.

why wont it let me update an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.