Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Restoring the iPhone

I'm trying to restore my iPhone 7 in the Finder app on my mac, but my problem is that I can't download the 5.40-gigabyte update within 15 minutes due to my poor internet connection so the iPhone would automatically exit the restore mode and turn on, can anyone help me with this problem?

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 10:20 AM

Some suggestions, though I can't know how well they apply in your situation:

1. Connect your computer to the router with an ethernet cable (and probably an adaptor) - this can increase your download speed with some routers
  2. Update your router's firmware - if you don't have the manual, it may be available online
  3. Replace your router or modem (this made a big difference for me, but I had a very old router)
  4. Check out the wifi at a public library. They often have fast wifi, and if you go when they are not busy, you should get a good signal.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 10:20 AM in response to RahelehHed

Some suggestions, though I can't know how well they apply in your situation:

1. Connect your computer to the router with an ethernet cable (and probably an adaptor) - this can increase your download speed with some routers
  2. Update your router's firmware - if you don't have the manual, it may be available online
  3. Replace your router or modem (this made a big difference for me, but I had a very old router)
  4. Check out the wifi at a public library. They often have fast wifi, and if you go when they are not busy, you should get a good signal.

Restoring the iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.