Fix: "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application."

Go into the Keychain and delete the cloud credentials for OneDrive. At lease is a fix that worked from me. I was only having issues with OneDrive files. Something affected the onedrive credentials and the "RemoveOneDriveCreds" command in the OneDrive resources folder (Applications Folder > right click OneDrive > Show Package Contents > contents > Resources > "RemoveOneDriveCreds.command" did not work for me.

After deleting them I opened one drive that then had to log in again. Once done all worked fine.

Hope this helps you!

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 1:07 PM

2 replies

Aug 4, 2023 1:14 PM in response to athwart-bug

athwart-bug wrote:

Go into the Keychain and delete the cloud credentials for OneDrive. At lease is a fix that worked from me. I was only having issues with OneDrive files.

Something affected the onedrive credentials and the "RemoveOneDriveCreds" command in the OneDrive resources folder (Applications Folder > right click OneDrive > Show Package Contents > contents > Resources > "RemoveOneDriveCreds.command" did not work for me.

After deleting them I opened one drive that then had to log in again. Once done all worked fine.

Hope this helps you!

Sounds appropriate for "OneDrive"...too bad it was not included the title of this post

Fix: "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.