Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Apple Watch stuck in boot loop

The watch died yesterday and when I put it on charge it started to show the apple logo. It now is repeatedly showing the apple logo for 5 seconds, going black for 2 seconds and repeating the process.

it has been doing this now for nearly 24 hours, hard reset has not worked, I have tried repeatedly. I have left it to die to see if that could trigger it into restarting. I’ve left it charging to full to see if it power was an issue as it’s still continuing and I am out of ideas.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 1:46 PM

How did you get on? I have the same issue. It just has a loop of apple logo then a black screen going back and forth every 5/10 seconds until the battery dies out. Did you fix yours?

23 replies

Aug 7, 2023 6:46 PM in response to brbo

if you having boot loop issues with Apple Watch try these steps

Try this;

Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.Wait a few seconds, then hold down just the side button for about 20 seconds or until the “erase all settings” prompt shows up on the screen, then click it, then click the green check button.

hope this helps

Oct 27, 2023 9:45 PM in response to Confused-com

This exact thing happened to me a month ago ( apple watch SE), I called Apple, they told me to take it to the Apple Store. I went until last Monday (since I don’t live in the States) they told me there was nothing they could do. But I just bought it last year, so I don’t understand how it is possible to not be working anymore. Just out of curiosity, I charged my watch right now, and after exactly 38 days, it’s working!??!?!!

Mar 25, 2024 12:36 AM in response to Confused-com

I had this issue too so for a couple of days my watch was dead so I put it on charge then yesterday morning it still hadn’t charged I didn’t believe that it hadn’t charged so I moved leads around and about 4pm the apple logo came up but it kept going black and then back onto the apple logo until this morning I googled it found this page and took about 2 mins I force restarted it took multiple tries tho and it worked its back to normal and fully charged!

Jun 5, 2024 8:16 AM in response to Confused-com

A few weeks ago my series 3 watch got stuck in a boot loop after an update failed. For days, I did all the things I could find: hard reset, let it die, place on a charger, clean the buttons, etc. The one thing that brought it back was reattempting a Bluetooth connection. This first step may be unnecessary, but here was my process:

1. Place it on a charger and while on the charger, hold the crown and side button until a red exclamation point and apple support URL pops up (If you see "!" - Apple Support / Follow steps if necessary).
  2. Once I performed the step of double clicking the side button, it went back into the loop.
  3. Place iPhone that it's paired with next to watch and attempt to connect with Bluetooth while Apple logo is on screen (took me about 3 attempts) and a restore/pairing option will pop up once connected.
  4. Choose to restore and leave on charger near phone.

Hope it helps someone else!

Apple Watch stuck in boot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.