My Mac wifi doesn't connect automatically.

For the last month or so I must manually enter my WiFi password on my home Mac laptop and desktop. They both used to automatically connect.

Also, occasionally my iPhone will offer to share the password with the Macs, but that doesn't work.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 10:18 PM

Hi SgtVin522

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "My Mac wifi doesn't connect automatically .... used to automatically connect.

I must manually enter my WiFi password "

Wondering if your MacBook Pro model (year) has the newest compatible operating system installed:

(If you wish: Identify your MacBook Pro model - Apple Support lists the newest compatible OS versions

Apple Support has articles online (links below) that may help:

How to: Troubleshoot joining a Wi-Fi network on Mac - Apple Support

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues - Apple Support

What to do: If you can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network on Mac - Apple Support

Or

You may need to update the router firmware, restart the router, and check with the ISP.

If needed:

MacBook Pro Support website (info. / support / contact)

MacBook Pro - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 10:18 PM in response to SgtVin522

Hi SgtVin522

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "My Mac wifi doesn't connect automatically .... used to automatically connect.

I must manually enter my WiFi password "

Wondering if your MacBook Pro model (year) has the newest compatible operating system installed:

(If you wish: Identify your MacBook Pro model - Apple Support lists the newest compatible OS versions

Apple Support has articles online (links below) that may help:

How to: Troubleshoot joining a Wi-Fi network on Mac - Apple Support

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues - Apple Support

What to do: If you can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network on Mac - Apple Support

Or

You may need to update the router firmware, restart the router, and check with the ISP.

If needed:

MacBook Pro Support website (info. / support / contact)

MacBook Pro - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

My Mac wifi doesn't connect automatically.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.