The App Tabs on my iPad 8th Gen Won’t Close!

So… I was just messing around on photos and opened Safari on the side. When I try closing the other app tabs, it just lags. Even shutting down the iPad doesn’t seem to work. Please give me some resolutions to fix this problem.

Does anybody have this problem or is it just me?

P.S I have owned this iPad since around mid 2021, it is on iPadOS 16.6 (according to settings), 128GB in General Storage and 200GB in Icloud Storage. I also have troubles switching apps when double clicking my home button.

This has never happened before.

iPad

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 3:18 AM

You need to explore multitasking. Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of each App window.

Information about using multi-tasking can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 3:18 AM in response to frycekchopin

You need to explore multitasking. Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of each App window.

Information about using multi-tasking can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

The App Tabs on my iPad 8th Gen Won’t Close!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.