Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

what to do if my iPhone got stolen and I don't have apple care

my new iPhone 14 got stolen in a hotel I filed a claim sheet and also filed a complaint sheet at the police station. the product had been purchased less than 2 months ago, I don't have apple care. is apple still able to refund me a new iPhone for free?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 4:38 AM

Apple will only replace an iPhone if you had AppleCare+ theft and loss plan, and you had "Find My" turned on in that device. Without AppleCare theft and loss Apple will not replace the device. And just a side note, Apple doesn't replace it, the insurance does.

I see you contacted your local authors, that's a good start. You may also want to reach out to your cellular carrier and let them know.

Also go to iCloud.com/find and mark your device as lost.

See these articles: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 4:38 AM in response to Mariaorbini

Apple will only replace an iPhone if you had AppleCare+ theft and loss plan, and you had "Find My" turned on in that device. Without AppleCare theft and loss Apple will not replace the device. And just a side note, Apple doesn't replace it, the insurance does.

I see you contacted your local authors, that's a good start. You may also want to reach out to your cellular carrier and let them know.

See these articles: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Aug 6, 2023 4:50 AM in response to Libby101a

Libby101a wrote:

Step 7 of that article mentions removing the missing device from your Apple ID account.

OP: Be aware that if you do this, it will clear any Activation Lock that you have set, and the thieves, or their fences or customers, will be able to reset your phone and use it as yours. So you might not want to carry out that step.

Also beware of "phishing" messages claiming to be from "Apple Support" about your lost phone. Apple Support is not the sender of such messages. The senders are invariably criminals whose goal is to scam you into unbricking the phone, providing the credentials they need to get into it and make it "theirs", or otherwise rip you off.

what to do if my iPhone got stolen and I don't have apple care

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.