Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

AppleTV Login Box disappears before I can enter my information in Chrome

Everytime I try to login to AppleTV on Chrome, I get approximately one second of the login box being there before it completely disappears. I have white-listed Apple, restarted my browser, cleared my cache, restarted my computer, all to no avail. It's like the script is broken. Am I just not meant to watch Ted Lasso anymore? Screenshot is of the second after the box goes away. Clicking "Continue" does nothing. Attempting to login from other parts of the Apple website does not keep me logged in for TV.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 2:34 PM

Are you saying that the response to your broken website is to contact google support? That's crazy.... Seeing as how Google Chrome is the number one browser used, Is it possible you maybe provide a tiny bit more insight on the matter? or other possible fixes?

Similar questions

46 replies

Aug 16, 2023 10:04 AM in response to wapikocchi

Had the same issue. Solved it after hints here. But in a way that I believe may be preferable to many of you. You do not have to reset your whole browser!

In Chrome I did the following, which worked for me:

• Load the Apple TV site & get stuck at the login page
  • Hit F12 to open up the developer console
  • In the top menu select the "Application" tab
  • There, somewhere in the middle, find "Clear site data" link/button.
  • Hit it. I checked the "including third-party cookies" as well.

Problem solved.

Aug 14, 2023 9:50 AM in response to erlonbie

I tried the

Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Site Settings -> Third-party Cookies -> See all site data and permissions

and it did nothing for me. I had to turn off all my extensions before it finally allowed me to log in. This is ridiculous and a company this big needs to fix this issue. I tried to log in with 4 browsers and none worked. This isn't a browser issue it's an Apple issue.

Aug 8, 2023 8:00 PM in response to emmie87

100% good call, this is not a google issue and its a joke that they would even act like a break in THEIR website is chromes fault. I can say as a front-end developer that the responsibility is 100% on them. ....As if web devs are contacting google every time their site breaks on chrome, or as if chrome wasnt the standard. This isnt the military or some old education system. Your site should work on chrome.

Aug 21, 2023 4:14 PM in response to wapikocchi

I fixed it on my Chrome installation by clearing all the Apple.com cookies and settings.

• Open Chrome
  • Click on the three dots in the upper-right corner and select Settings from the menu
  • Click Privacy and Security in the left column
  • Click Cookies and Other Site Data in the middle
  • Scroll down a smidge and click See All Site Data and Permissions
  • In the Search box at the top of that page type "Apple.com" (without the quotes).
  • It should then display, near the middle/bottom of that page, the number of cookies that Apple.com is using. There will be a "trash" icon to the right of that line.
  • Click on the trash icon.
  • Chrome will warn you that you will be forcibly signed out of all Apple.com sites, including any open tabs. Click OK

At this point, I then browsed to tv.apple.com and I was able to sign in normally.

Best of luck!

Aug 24, 2023 11:49 AM in response to erlonbie

@Admins : This is the correct answer. Thank you erionbie

I had previously noticed the login box on my phone always worked in Incognito mode.

Your website on Android (Chrome browsers at least) seems to not be handling your cookie correctly.

@All Clear your cookie JUST for tv.apple.com: (This is from my Pixel7 on August 24, 2023)

1. Settings->Site Settings->All sites
  2. search for tv.apple.com
  3. Click Clear and Reset button

That is it!

Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Site Settings -> Third-party Cookies -> See all site data and permissions

Aug 7, 2023 2:05 PM in response to wapikocchi

Hey there wapikocchi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

To get started, does this issue persist if you try logging into Apple TV from another web browser?

If the issue is only occurring when trying to log into Apple TV from the Google Chrome web browser, the best option would be to reach out to Google's support for additional help, and possible troubleshooting steps.

You can find ways to reach out to Google's support at this link here: Google Help

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

Aug 11, 2023 7:32 PM in response to Chris_V89

It's an issue for me on Firefox and not Chrome. So it's an issue with Apple. Even logging in on Chrome, it continues to tell me to "try it free" even though I just paid $6.99 to watch Friday night baseball. I can't even get the login box on Firefox. This is complete unacceptable for one of the largest companies in the world.

Aug 15, 2023 12:17 AM in response to winterKnight1

winterKnight1

This fix was reported by johnny appseed above. The problem is some people don't want to reset their browers back to the original default settings. So for them this is not a fix.

I implemented this "fix" and now I have to relogin to all my social accounts, such as twitter, facebook, ect. Plus I have to reinstall all the browser addons I had. Fortunatly for me this was not a big deal, for others it may be a big deal.

AppleTV Login Box disappears before I can enter my information in Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.