MacBook Air 2020 macOS v13.5 Login view after booting with delay in input and slow update of monitor display

On a MacBook Air 2020 with macOS Ventura v13.5 (22G74) I have the problem that after startup, when the login screen is displayed, the mouse and the keyboard react only with delay and the screen is built up only slowly. Sometimes the mouse pointer can be seen several times on the screen after it has been moved. It is also difficult to enter the password correctly because characters are sometimes lost. So you have to enter the password very slowly. After the password has been entered correctly, the screen slowly disappears "line by line". After logging in, however, the computer works without any problems.

Is this a known error with Ventura v13.5? Are there ways to analyse why the problem is occurring? Are there steps I can try to fix the problem?

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 4:18 AM

I think I have found the cause. It happens when a Hiearcool (UCN3286) USB-C hub is connected. The problem also occurs when no other devices are connected to the hub. If I switch on the computer without the hub plugged in, the problem no longer occurs and the keyboard and mouse / touchpad work without delay.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 4:18 AM in response to Markus Schmid

I think I have found the cause. It happens when a Hiearcool (UCN3286) USB-C hub is connected. The problem also occurs when no other devices are connected to the hub. If I switch on the computer without the hub plugged in, the problem no longer occurs and the keyboard and mouse / touchpad work without delay.

MacBook Air 2020 macOS v13.5 Login view after booting with delay in input and slow update of monitor display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.