You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 flashes the apple logo. completes restore process in itunes, restarts in recovery mode

my iphone 13 flashing the apple logo. It will not hard reset. I can connect it to itunes and it goes into recovery mode. It goes all the way through the restore process, then restarts in recovery mode.

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 9:03 PM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2023 9:11 PM in response to tyrahlj

tyrahlj Said:

"iphone 13 flashes the apple logo. completes restore process in itunes, restarts in recovery mode: my iphone 13 flashing the apple logo. It will not hard reset. I can connect it to itunes and it goes into recovery mode. It goes all the way through the restore process, then restarts in recovery mode."

-------

Being Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone is stuck in a boot loop. And this typically happens when you unsuccessfully download something or an update install stalls while in the process.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Aug 6, 2023 9:27 PM in response to tyrahlj

1. Force Restart: Try force restarting your iPhone. On an iPhone 13, quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then quickly press and release the Volume Down button, and finally, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. Release the Side button when the logo appears.
  2. Update iTunes: Make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Outdated software can sometimes lead to compatibility issues.
  3. Update iPhone: If you can, try updating your iPhone to the latest version of iOS using iTunes. Connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes, and follow the prompts to update.
  4. Check for Hardware Issues: If the issue persists, it's possible that there might be a hardware problem with your iPhone. Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store or authorized service provider for assistance.
  5. DFU Mode: Consider putting your iPhone into Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode and then restoring it through iTunes. DFU mode allows for a more thorough restore process. Here's how to enter DFU mode on an iPhone 13:
    • Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    • Press and release the Volume Up button.
    • Press and release the Volume Down button.
    • Press and hold the Side button until the screen goes black.
    • While holding the Side button, press and hold the Volume Down button.
    • After 5 seconds, release the Side button but continue holding the Volume Down button for about 10 seconds.
    • If the screen remains black, your iPhone is in DFU mode. iTunes should recognize the device in recovery mode, and you can proceed with restoring it.
  1. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, it's best to reach out to Apple Support for more personalized assistance. They can guide you through troubleshooting steps specific to your situation and advise you on the next steps.

iphone 13 flashes the apple logo. completes restore process in itunes, restarts in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.