Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

add a BCC recipient who is not already in my contacts

Hi, only recently I missed an important deadline for a professional email due to a known bug in iOS Mail (Mails don't get send if you close the app before the "undo send" delay ist over). Now I encounter the next problem with this bs app:

I want to put sb. in CC who is not in my icloud address book, and I don't want to add him there. However, when I tap the "+" in the mail header, I cannot type in any address: I only see my iCloud contacts and can choose one of them or "cancel"... Is it really not possible to manually add recipient?

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 3:11 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 7, 2023 5:22 AM in response to Luddite1896

Which email account are you referring to? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other (Refer to the pic )below

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

add a BCC recipient who is not already in my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.