I’m unable to change the ‘Allow Apps to Request to Track’ option

Settings> Privacy & Security> Tracking> “Allow Apps to Request to Track” is greyed out, it won’t let me change the setting at all. I know i’m of age because I am 19 years old and the age requirement for App Tracking is 18. “This setting cannot be changed because your Apple ID does not meet the minimum age requirements.” Can anyone help me solve this issue because it’s been like this for awhile now.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2024 3:16 PM

This also doesn’t work for me- I just want to get my fetch play points…can anyone help besides changing birthday, resetting phone after logging out of Apple Id, or is this just a bug?

22 replies

May 16, 2024 4:47 PM in response to jdun22

This was working before upgrading to 17.5 - I literally enabled tracking for a specific work app yesterday, prior to doing the update. Today it is telling me that my Apple ID is missing age information. I am well over the minimum age. My birthday shows correctly on my Apple ID, and I even re-saved it on the Apple ID website. I logged out of my Apple ID and was able to enable tracking, but as soon as I logged back in it was disabled again.

May 16, 2024 3:23 PM in response to scere24

I totally agree with you as I’ve done everything that’s been said on this chat… is it just a bug??? If so when would it be resolved??? and how can it be resolved??? Can anyone answer the question or can anybody help? as it has been annoying me all day, I can’t do anything that I want to do…

It would be much appreciated if anyone could help please !!!

May 16, 2024 5:01 PM in response to jdun22

This is honestly hilarious and ridiculous . I have seen multiple comments of the same thing of people saying their birthday is correct and everything is on that is supposed to be on for app tracking to work. The comments that Apple is giving are obviously not read by an actual human because every post says they are over 18 directly in it and apples response to everyone’s issue is check the birthday. This is really frustrating as I am experiencing the same thing and obviously Apple doesn’t even know how to fix the issue.

Aug 7, 2023 6:20 AM in response to jdun22

Click on this link to learn what it means if an app asks to track your activity --> If an app asks to track your activity - Apple Support

"In some circumstances, the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting can't be turned on, including: 

For users with child accounts or under age 18 by birth year, signed in with their Apple ID*"

Make sure you have the correct birthday set. If you recently turned 18, try logging out of your account and back in again as worked for multiple users in this topic --> App Tracking Age Requirements Issue - Apple Community

Click on the link to read how to 'Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID' - Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you wish to ask Apple about this:

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

May 17, 2024 2:05 PM in response to J_Fitz136

I'm also well over 18 years old and tried contacting via text with apple support and they told me to sign out of media and purchases and sign back in which didn't work either until I saw a comment somewhere here to just stay signed out and sign back in when you need to use it. This actually worked but I don't want to stay signed out forever so my question is did they tell you that they're aware and that they were working on a solution? Thanks!!!

I’m unable to change the ‘Allow Apps to Request to Track’ option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.