Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

does genius bar fix broken macbook air m2 display onsite

Does the Apple genius bar fix macbook air 2022 m2 display onsite? I am currently on an island that does not have an Apple authorized repairer and I dropped my computer and the screen at first had lots of white horizontal lines on the bottom and then a few minutes later went completely black. No visible cracking or damage but it has not improved with restarting, etc. I am trying to figure out logistically if I can get this repaired in a day trip. Works totally normally using an external monitor and the camera and audio on the macbook work fine. Thank you.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:11 PM

No one here can answer that question except in the unlikely circumstance they happen to have had a Mac repaired at the same location you are planning to visit. Different Apple Stores have different repair capabilities, and it has been my experience that even stores that used to perform certain repairs in the past don't do them any more.

I suspect they will need to send it out, but that is literally no more than a guess based upon that experience. If they need to send it out, perhaps they can arrange to have the repaired Mac sent directly to you. I don't know.

In any event, start here: Official Apple Support. If anyone can provide a definitive answer, it would be Apple.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 7:11 PM in response to cnl2023

No one here can answer that question except in the unlikely circumstance they happen to have had a Mac repaired at the same location you are planning to visit. Different Apple Stores have different repair capabilities, and it has been my experience that even stores that used to perform certain repairs in the past don't do them any more.

I suspect they will need to send it out, but that is literally no more than a guess based upon that experience. If they need to send it out, perhaps they can arrange to have the repaired Mac sent directly to you. I don't know.

In any event, start here: Official Apple Support. If anyone can provide a definitive answer, it would be Apple.

does genius bar fix broken macbook air m2 display onsite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.