Updated to IOS 16.6 several days ago, however as of this morning, calls are dropping when the side power button is pushed.

Calls are being dropped if the side power button is touched. This did not happen when I first updated to iOS 16.6 several days ago but is something that just began as of this morning. Any clues as to what is going on.

I also have been experiencing a lot of application crashes and distorted graphics on websites for the first few seconds they appear on the screen before they take shape properly on the page.

So lots of weird things happening. Not sure if it’s glitches in iOS 16.6 or if my phone has been compromised.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 4:37 AM

The power button has disconnected calls for some time. There is an accessibility setting that will turn that feature off. Check the settings, accessibility.

it’s improbable that your device has been compromised, unless you have jailbroken it. It’s far more likely that apps have to be updated, the device restarted, or repaired.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 4:37 AM in response to Community User

The power button has disconnected calls for some time. There is an accessibility setting that will turn that feature off. Check the settings, accessibility.

it’s improbable that your device has been compromised, unless you have jailbroken it. It’s far more likely that apps have to be updated, the device restarted, or repaired.

Aug 8, 2023 3:43 AM in response to muguy

I’ve never had that experience before. Usually when I would push the side button it would just relight my screen.

I’ve been experiencing a lot of odd behaviors on my phone though. Is there a way to find out if it has been compromised.

Updated to IOS 16.6 several days ago, however as of this morning, calls are dropping when the side power button is pushed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.