Setting Active Audio Angles in Multicam Editing

I'd like to set two angles to stay active audio during my Multicam edit, while all others switch video only. FCPX seems to only support having 1 angle stay audio angle active and all others switch video. Is there a way to do what I want other than premixing? Thanks

iMac 27″

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 6:22 PM

If I understand correctly what you're asking, it's very simple. Open the Multicam Angle Viewer, select the audio only switching button, then select the first audio angle you want active. Next, OPT, CMD click the second audio source you'd like to hear. Done.

Similar questions

11 replies

Aug 10, 2023 8:11 AM in response to ambidextrous

This is really cool. It's actually going to help me next week on a music video.

It's here in the manual: Cut and switch camera angles in Final Cut Pro for Mac - Apple Support

Under "Switch Video or Audio Separately" at the bottom as a "Tip".

It's also mentioned here: Multichannel audio editing examples in Final Cut Pro for Mac - Apple Support

as Example #4.

Aug 10, 2023 8:26 AM in response to ambidextrous

ambidextrous wrote:

If I understand correctly what you're asking, it's very simple. Open the Multicam Angle Viewer, select the audio only switching button, then select the first audio angle you want active. Next, OPT, CMD click the second audio source you'd like to hear. Done.

Yes, that is nice. It has the same effect as the method I described above. Using the Angle Viewer or the Inspector, it is simple to use multiple audio angles at the same time.

Setting Active Audio Angles in Multicam Editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.