Why can't I get an app-specific password?

I have tried to get an app specific password and everything seems to be correct. I have two factor authentication enabled, but when I go to generate a password, it says to continue on one of my other devices. When I open it up to settings and my app ID nothing happens. I click ok on the message, and still nothing happens.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 12:58 PM

Hey CYates23,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. If you haven't already, try while using a different browser to see if that helps to create that app-specific password. Just in case, here are the steps to create that: Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 12:58 PM in response to CYates23

Hey CYates23,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. If you haven't already, try while using a different browser to see if that helps to create that app-specific password. Just in case, here are the steps to create that: Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

Why can't I get an app-specific password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.