Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with generating app-specific password.

When I go to appleid.apple.com to generate an app-specific password, the CREATE button is not active, does not respond. In my setting, I have two-factor authentication turned on so this should not be a problem. So, I don't know what else I can do. Please someone help.

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 11:55 PM

I found that you have to type the app name to which you want to assign the specific password in the box above the create button. Only then will that button become active. After clicking the create button, you will get the app specific password.

Once you have created an app specific password, you can select the + button to get more for your other apps.

Thank you for your Eric.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2022 11:55 PM in response to Eric Root

I found that you have to type the app name to which you want to assign the specific password in the box above the create button. Only then will that button become active. After clicking the create button, you will get the app specific password.

Once you have created an app specific password, you can select the + button to get more for your other apps.

Thank you for your Eric.

Problem with generating app-specific password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.