Apple TV+ log in results in N/64… error on TCL, also no screen share from iPhone/iPad to TV

I am unable to log in to my Apple TV+ channel on my TCL smart TV. I used to be able to. But this changed a few weeks ago.

When I try to log in, I get this message:

Verification failed
There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again.

Error code: N/64D424DA

So, I cannot go into the settings on the TV with this app either.

I am also unable to screen share from the iPad/iPhone to the TV

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 3:49 PM

Hi qaguy,

Perhaps there is an updated terms and conditions agreement that needs your attention. If so, the following guidance from Get your Apple ID ready for purchases or downloads on your Apple TV - Apple Support can help.

"Sign in on the web

1. Go to tv.apple.com or music.apple.com.
  2. Choose Sign In, then sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Follow the prompts to complete setup.

If you're using the Apple TV app on a non-Apple device, you can also sign in on the web to set up your Apple ID."

If the same continues, yes, reaching out to Apple Support will be your next step. You can reach out from Get Support.

All the best.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 3:49 PM in response to qaguy

Hi qaguy,

Perhaps there is an updated terms and conditions agreement that needs your attention. If so, the following guidance from Get your Apple ID ready for purchases or downloads on your Apple TV - Apple Support can help.

"Sign in on the web

1. Go to tv.apple.com or music.apple.com.
  2. Choose Sign In, then sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Follow the prompts to complete setup.

If you're using the Apple TV app on a non-Apple device, you can also sign in on the web to set up your Apple ID."

If the same continues, yes, reaching out to Apple Support will be your next step. You can reach out from Get Support.

All the best.

Aug 10, 2023 12:25 PM in response to qaguy

Hi qaguy,

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

1. Is the Apple TV+ available in your country or region? Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support
  2. Is your Apple ID set to the correct country or region? Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

If you answer yes to both questions, we recommend that you check if you can sign in to your Apple ID on a different device. You can test this out by signing in to our Apple ID page: Manage your Apple ID

Also, it may help if you try to delete the Apple TV app, then reinstall it.

If you can sign in to our Apple ID page, but the issue continues on your TV, please reach out to us using the support link below so we can take a closer look into the issue.

Get Support

Take care!

Aug 10, 2023 3:20 PM in response to kamote0628

Thanks for the reply.

First, I have been using the Apple TV+ on my TCL television until recently when something changed. So, yes, the TV+ is definitely available in my region (USA). In fact, I’ve also been using the TV+ on my iPad (2nd gen) and iPhone 11. I have had no sign in issues on those devices.

Second my Apple ID should be set to USA. But I went to follow the instructions from your link. It did prompt me to sign in. Once I successfully signed in, it told me “You have one or more Apple TV subscriptions which must be cancelled before you can change your country or region.” Remember that I have been using the TV+ for over a year. It might also be worth noting that we do have a hardware Apple TV. It’s an older generation device. I’ve been able to use that too.

Third, on the TCL television, I had removed the Apple TV+ channel and reinstalled it. The sign in problem persisted.

Finally, I verified on my iPhone that my region is set to USA.

At this point, I will click the link above for support.

Apple TV+ log in results in N/64… error on TCL, also no screen share from iPhone/iPad to TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.