Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

ICloud Mail going to Junk

In the past week my daughters iCloud email is going into my junk. This never happened before. We both have new MacBook Air computers. I spoke to Apple support yesterday and they said iCloud mail has been having problems and had me upgrade IOS. That worked until I restarted my computer. Now, her emails are going back into my junk. We deleted previous recipients. Made certain our Contacts were correct. Any ideas?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 8:48 PM

FridayHarborGirl Said:

"ICloud Mail going to Junk: In the past week my daughters iCloud email is going into my junk."

-------

Refer to the link provided atop this thread.

Troubleshooting iCloud eMail:

A. Start Here: If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

B. Managing eMails in iCloud eMail:

Make a rule to what iCloud eMail what to so when you get a certain eMail. Create filers based on keywords (i.e. senders names and domains), and choose what eMails will be deleted and so that it never shows up occurs again.

Search for related eMails by subject heading, etc.

Create Folders to organize certain eMails.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 8:48 PM in response to FridayHarborGirl

FridayHarborGirl Said:

"ICloud Mail going to Junk: In the past week my daughters iCloud email is going into my junk."

-------

Refer to the link provided atop this thread.

Troubleshooting iCloud eMail:

A. Start Here: If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

B. Managing eMails in iCloud eMail:

Make a rule to what iCloud eMail what to so when you get a certain eMail. Create filers based on keywords (i.e. senders names and domains), and choose what eMails will be deleted and so that it never shows up occurs again.

Search for related eMails by subject heading, etc.

Create Folders to organize certain eMails.

Aug 9, 2023 9:05 PM in response to FridayHarborGirl

FridayHarborGirl Said:

-------

Filtering Out:

So, if her eMail address is going into your Junk folder, then remove her eMail address from your junk list, and add her as a contact. If you have filters, then make one for her that overrules all other filters. I would also recommend that you contact your eMail provider.

Aug 9, 2023 9:38 PM in response to FridayHarborGirl

FridayHarborGirl Said:

"ICloud Mail going to Junk: I appreciate your thoughts, but nothing has changed in months/years. Why now I wonder?"

-------

You are welcome.

Have you ever asked this on these other forums? Apple Support Community are user-to-user forums. We are not Apple. So, we are here to help each other, and much feedback is based on personal experience. It all comes down to troubleshooting.

Excellent job troubleshooting!

ICloud Mail going to Junk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.