Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Clean the screen

i clean my ipad pro 2022 with ethyl alchole 70% just once before i use protector is it harm my screen?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 3:36 AM

Here is Apple’s official guidance for cleaning its products:

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Your iPad screen has a sacrificial oleophobic coating that will wear-out over time. Regular or aggressive cleaning with solvents will accelerate the wear process.

Occasional (and careful) cleaning following the prescribed methods will not cause damage to the screen or its coatings. That said, be very careful to remove any dust or grit before cleaning with a cloth. While iPad screens are quite robust, the anti-reflection coating can be easily scratched by abrasive particles or other materials.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 3:36 AM in response to Mets-23

Here is Apple’s official guidance for cleaning its products:

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Your iPad screen has a sacrificial oleophobic coating that will wear-out over time. Regular or aggressive cleaning with solvents will accelerate the wear process.

Occasional (and careful) cleaning following the prescribed methods will not cause damage to the screen or its coatings. That said, be very careful to remove any dust or grit before cleaning with a cloth. While iPad screens are quite robust, the anti-reflection coating can be easily scratched by abrasive particles or other materials.

Aug 11, 2023 2:31 AM in response to Mets-23

Good quality screen protectors are supplied with a cleaning cloth and - very often - a cleaning sachet that contains a tissue moistened with an appropriate cleaning solution (typically 70% isopropyl alcohol). Used gently, this will cause no damage to your iPad screen coatings.

Carefully follow the cleaning/fitting instructions included with your screen protector.

Clean the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.