Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Cannot Delete Rescue/Notification Email

Under the 'Sign-in & Security tab' , when I go to 'Notification Email.'

There is an invalid email address that's been put that has NOT been verified.

When I try to click 'Remove Email' it shows me a prompt to 'Continue on one of your devices'

When I go to my iPhone's : 'Password & Security' tab. I don't see any relevant option under there to change/ remove my rescue/notification email.

(Somethings to take note of):

*I have 2 factor authentication enabled on my iPhone.

I may be wrong but read in an article that If I have it enabled I don't need a rescue email.

However, I still want to remove that invalid email address from appearing.

*When I click the 'Notification Email' section under sign in and security, I don't have to answer my security questions

*I also created a recovery contact on my iPhone, thinking it would allow me to then change the notification email with that person's information. yet nothing happened.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 10:52 AM

I have this problem. When I try to delete the email address I'm told to go to another device and nothing happens. Nothing is presented on any other device in that location.

2 replies

Aug 19, 2023 8:18 PM in response to UmairJaved

If 2FA account is generated from Mac , in which trusted number ( is added and verified in the account ) , sign in with account credentials at appleid.apple.com from a browser , click on Under the 'Sign-in & Security tab' , 'Notification Email.'

You have to click on change mail , type a new notification mail address ( say created with gmail services https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en ) a code will appear on that account , you have to open that web account , use the code and enter in upcoming steps from Mac , click on continue and save .

The reason , if you click on remove mail , it shows the mail address is not valid , the mail address account credentials is not complete or don't exist on gmail server , so you have to verify a new mail address in your Apple ID account .

Also you mentioned - *When I click the 'Notification Email' section under sign in and security, I don't have to answer my security questions

When 2FA account is activated the previous credentials for secondary authentication account like three answers for respective questions are automatically disabled after 14 days .

Cannot Delete Rescue/Notification Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.