My new Apple Watch 7 won't charge and gets heated up on the charger

I UNBOXED THE WATCH AND SWITCHED ON AND THE APPLE LOGO APPEARED AND WENT OFF. LATER TRIED CHARGING IT WONT CHARGE INSTEAD IT GET HOT WHEN CHARGED

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 11:36 AM

I suggest performing a forced restart. Steps needed are found in the Apple Support article: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support. 

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  

or phone numbers  

Click here > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 11:36 AM in response to pbrajeshwaran

I suggest performing a forced restart. Steps needed are found in the Apple Support article: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support. 

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  

or phone numbers  

Click here > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232 

Aug 26, 2023 12:49 PM in response to pbrajeshwaran

I had contacted Apple support United States through Call Back service and they responded and raised a case no. : ***. and advised me to contact the local service center. As advised i visited the I machine Authorized Service center and paid BD. 5.9 as service charges only to know that the watch has Hardware issues and it needs to be replaced paying USD 490. Its heat breaking that i never used the watch and not its of no use. please let me know if the watch is kept unused (unpacked) for a year will the watch have hardware problem? Anyway its a bad experience buying an I watch 7 Series in the US and using in the Middle East.

[Edited by Moderator] 

My new Apple Watch 7 won't charge and gets heated up on the charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.