Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple TV Remote stopped controlling soundbar volume

After trying many many things and being frustrated that ATV update broke the volume control for the TV connected soundbar , I finally ran into a solution.

Follow instructions here and restart your remote . I’m able to now control the TV soundbar with the ATV remote. Reply here if this worked for you .

If the volume buttons on your Apple TV remote stop working - Apple Support

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2024 9:49 PM

Just hold down the TV button and Volume down buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds and that should reset the Siri Remote and will fix the IR programming of the volume buttons.

ps- I wish I would’ve known the buttons to press for a restart!?! I spent two days trouble shooting the volume control feature! Mine quit working after my phone connected and wanted to be a remote control for the Apple TV. Lesson learned.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2024 9:49 PM in response to jjjfromjjj

Just hold down the TV button and Volume down buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds and that should reset the Siri Remote and will fix the IR programming of the volume buttons.

ps- I wish I would’ve known the buttons to press for a restart!?! I spent two days trouble shooting the volume control feature! Mine quit working after my phone connected and wanted to be a remote control for the Apple TV. Lesson learned.

Apple TV Remote stopped controlling soundbar volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.