Airplay help

I work at a school and we recently started using airplay. there are tons of screen options as each classroom has the ability to screenplay and the screen is constantly moving/refreshing, making selecting our screen difficult. Is there any way to remove screens or pin a screen to the top of a list? It’s difficult and time consuming tracking down the correct screen multiple times a day.

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 12:27 PM

Not that I'm aware of. Others may have an actual solution.

I will say this, when I want a file or folder to appear at the top of a Finder list, I start the name with the numeral "1", or "2" or "3" as the case may be. When sorted by name, the numbers files appear in order at the top of the list.

When I set up AirPlay, I assigned names to the various compatible devices with numbers in the first digit space. We don't have but maybe eight devices to AirPLay to, but judicious naming brings them up in the order I wanted.

For instance, we have two Roku devices, one is named "1-Roku Upstairs" and the other is "2- Roku Downstairs". Not all the necessary for just a few devices but for many devices I can attest to its adding simplicity of picking the appropriate device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 12:27 PM in response to FeyBlack2

Not that I'm aware of. Others may have an actual solution.

I will say this, when I want a file or folder to appear at the top of a Finder list, I start the name with the numeral "1", or "2" or "3" as the case may be. When sorted by name, the numbers files appear in order at the top of the list.

When I set up AirPlay, I assigned names to the various compatible devices with numbers in the first digit space. We don't have but maybe eight devices to AirPLay to, but judicious naming brings them up in the order I wanted.

For instance, we have two Roku devices, one is named "1-Roku Upstairs" and the other is "2- Roku Downstairs". Not all the necessary for just a few devices but for many devices I can attest to its adding simplicity of picking the appropriate device.

Airplay help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.