Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Display Icon Missing

Where's my AirPlay Display icon? I'm able share my screen by selecting settings > displays> select AirPlay Display to mirror my screen, but I don't see the airplay icon in the header anymore.

I want the AirPlay icon because it's easier to navigate and is better for usability.

1 click in the header

vs settings > displays> select AirPlay Display

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 6:16 AM

joebooze wrote:

Where's my AirPlay Display icon? I'm able share my screen by selecting settings > displays> select AirPlay Display to mirror my screen, but I don't see the airplay icon in the header anymore.

I want the AirPlay icon because it's easier to navigate and is better for usability.

1 click in the header

Verify your hardware qualifies:

AirPlay

AirPlay Mirroring requires an Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

AirPlay for web video requires an Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac (2012 or later) and an Apple TV (3rd generation rev A, model A1469 or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your ...

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 6:16 AM in response to joebooze

joebooze wrote:

1 click in the header

Verify your hardware qualifies:

AirPlay

AirPlay Mirroring requires an Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

AirPlay for web video requires an Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac (2012 or later) and an Apple TV (3rd generation rev A, model A1469 or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your ...

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay ...

Airplay Display Icon Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.