Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

The trackpad and keyboard become unresponsive after my Mac goes into sleep mode

The trackpad and keyboard become unresponsive after my Mac goes into sleep mode, requiring a restart in order to use them again. its annoying every time I need to restart it, I've looked into this problem on YouTube and it appears that many others are also encountering the same issue.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 7:11 PM

vinil_7772 Said:

"The trackpad and keyboard become unresponsive after my Mac goes into sleep mode"

-------

Troubleshooting Unresponsive Trackpad and Keyboard:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Drivers) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Use an external keyboard for this.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 7:11 PM in response to vinil_7772

vinil_7772 Said:

"The trackpad and keyboard become unresponsive after my Mac goes into sleep mode"

-------

Troubleshooting Unresponsive Trackpad and Keyboard:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Drivers) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Use an external keyboard for this.

The trackpad and keyboard become unresponsive after my Mac goes into sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.