Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Maps: Can you save a multi-stop routes in Maps?

Love the multi-stop addition to maps but is there a way to save a planned trip with multi-stop routes? We want to plan a day trip somewhere with scenic spots to visit, local food and shopping and then save the route for future use or sharing with friends or family.

iPad

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 8:23 AM

No, unfortunately you cannot.

The only "work around" that I've found is to use Apple Calendar to add each stop with locations. Then you can click on the next location and your phone / car play will navigate there for you - just be sure to put them in chronological order. The start time of each event isn't important other than order.

You can also add the town and, using maps, create a "Guide" for places you'd like to visit. This provides a quick way to see all the sites you'd like to see (restaurants, points of interest, etc). Of course, this won't put them in any order but it does add their icons to your map so it's a bit easier to see where things are while on the move.

Lastly, be sure to request this feature from Apple as it would be very cool. I'm sure many folks, such as myself, have the same problem.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 8:23 AM in response to gunther95

No, unfortunately you cannot.

The only "work around" that I've found is to use Apple Calendar to add each stop with locations. Then you can click on the next location and your phone / car play will navigate there for you - just be sure to put them in chronological order. The start time of each event isn't important other than order.

You can also add the town and, using maps, create a "Guide" for places you'd like to visit. This provides a quick way to see all the sites you'd like to see (restaurants, points of interest, etc). Of course, this won't put them in any order but it does add their icons to your map so it's a bit easier to see where things are while on the move.

Lastly, be sure to request this feature from Apple as it would be very cool. I'm sure many folks, such as myself, have the same problem.

Cheers!

Aug 14, 2023 12:13 PM in response to gunther95

Hi gunther95,

There isn't an option to save the route. You can find a similar post with the same question here: Can you save a multi-stop routes in Maps? - Apple Community

If needed, you can also view the same details for the iPad here: Select other route options in Maps on iPad - Apple Support

As recommended in the post shared above, be sure to leave feature feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Cheers.

May 11, 2024 5:43 AM in response to lucylobster

lucylobster wrote:

Why hasn't Apple figured this out yet?

Perhaps not enough people have requested the feature?

Apple invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to see a specific feature or functionality in a future version of iPadOS, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make a request:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Maps: Can you save a multi-stop routes in Maps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.