Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Ventura 13.5 – Mac Mail does not save signatures

I have already tried the advices I could find here in the forum. Also with iCloud disable and enable again. That has not changed anything.

I just switched to a Mac Studio from my Mac Book Pro 2019, that was also running Ventura and it worked there. I did not change anything on mail provider.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 11:45 AM

litemeup wrote:

I have already tried the advices I could find here in the forum. Also with iCloud disable and enable again. That has not changed anything.

I just switched to a Mac Studio from my Mac Book Pro 2019, that was also running Ventura and it worked there. I did not change anything on mail provider.

No cause I use gmail only and dont´t want to create a icloud email address. Do I have to make this work?

No.

Signature issues—

if iCloud Drive is in use—

Quit Mail.

System Settings>AppleID> > iCloud Drive > Options... > Turn Mail OFF

(Important: this is NOT the first Mail you see, in the main iCloud window, this is the Mail in the iCloud Drive options window).

Open Mail.

Make the changes to your email signatures.

Quit Mail to save the changes.

Reopen Mail to check your changes are still there....

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 11:45 AM in response to litemeup

litemeup wrote:

No cause I use gmail only and dont´t want to create a icloud email address. Do I have to make this work?

No.

Signature issues—

if iCloud Drive is in use—

Quit Mail.

System Settings>AppleID> > iCloud Drive > Options... > Turn Mail OFF

(Important: this is NOT the first Mail you see, in the main iCloud window, this is the Mail in the iCloud Drive options window).

Open Mail.

Make the changes to your email signatures.

Quit Mail to save the changes.

Reopen Mail to check your changes are still there....

Aug 14, 2023 9:36 AM in response to litemeup

Hello,

Oh gotcha. So I’m assuming you made the signature through gmail online or the app right? And it isn’t saving it from there? You said you were turning your iCloud on and off, which made me think you were using an iCloud email address. And no, you don’t have to make an iCloud email address. What I suggest you do is remove your google account from your device completely and then re-add it from Settings.

Sep 22, 2023 10:09 AM in response to litemeup

I just followed that advice and the signatures were there, UNTIL I turned iCloud mail back on. the signatures then disappeared again. This is very frustrating. I do have Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook but that is clunky as **** and messes with the fonts etc. It also takes forever to find messages - something Apple Mail does do well.

Please please please do something about this problem with signatures.

I changed to Mac in 2011 and this is my second machine - a beautiful thing - recently purchased after my 2011 MacBook Pro decided to get mega flakey. So I have a top of the range 16 inch MacBook Pro with glitchy mail app.

Grrrr!

Ventura 13.5 – Mac Mail does not save signatures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.