Person from china tried to log in my Apple id

Yesterday, I got a notification saying that someone from far away, who wasn’t me, tried to log in to my Apple id. Luckily, I had 2 factor verification so I denied it, and I changed my password and logged out of any other devices. The next day I got a notification saying to enter my password to verify my Apple id. I was a bit confused so I clicked cancel. Then my computer started to act up, and was asking to sign in. And then everything was fine. I just want to make sure I don’t get any notifications like this again because it’s creeping me out. I want to make sure my account is secure.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 9:54 AM

Read this document if you think your Apple ID has been compromised. --> If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For iOS 15 or earlier, if you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts, click here --> See who has access to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS 16 or later see how Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe. How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

Use the information in this document to check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in --> Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Related materials:

Personal Safety User Guide

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

> open the Table of Contents and review the articles

A document with general information about security and your Apple ID --> Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security by clicking on this link --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 9:54 AM in response to Makayylaalee2

Read this document if you think your Apple ID has been compromised. --> If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For iOS 15 or earlier, if you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts, click here --> See who has access to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS 16 or later see how Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe. How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

Use the information in this document to check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in --> Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Related materials:

Personal Safety User Guide

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

> open the Table of Contents and review the articles

A document with general information about security and your Apple ID --> Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security by clicking on this link --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Person from china tried to log in my Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.