Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How do I get photos from my iPhone to MacBook Air?

I've asked questions like this before but here I am again, unable to move photos from my iPhone 6s onto my MacBook Air.

I've selected five.

My phone is plugged into the laptop. What now?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 2:59 PM

See the "Import to your Mac" section of the following Apple Support article for information on importing iPhone photos to a Mac: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

or without using a cable to connect the 2 devices, select the 5 photos in the Photos app on your iPhone and then tap the Share icon and AirDrop them to the Mac. See: How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 2:59 PM in response to Ewan Lamont

See the "Import to your Mac" section of the following Apple Support article for information on importing iPhone photos to a Mac: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

or without using a cable to connect the 2 devices, select the 5 photos in the Photos app on your iPhone and then tap the Share icon and AirDrop them to the Mac. See: How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Aug 15, 2023 12:50 AM in response to FoxFifth

I use my iPhone as my dongle for the laptop. Airdrop sometimes works and sometimes doesn't and I don't know why. Do you need to be connected to the Internet to use Airdrop or not? I think that my current BTWi-fi service which works using Hotspots is Wifi but is it also Mobile Data or is it Roaming because I can use it when roaming around? When I am using my iPhone I see it and also BTWi-fi in the Wifi Settings pane. Which is the correct one to choose?

Aug 15, 2023 10:03 AM in response to Ewan Lamont

Ewan Lamont wrote:

But can they be connected to Wifi and not be on the Internet?

That depends on the WiFi network. You can have a WiFi network that is not connected to the internet. But, it doesn't really matter in this case. As long as both devices are connected to the same WiFi network, regardless of whether or not the WiFi network is connected to the internet, and both devices have BT enabled, it should work.

I suggest you carefully re-read the articles that FoxFifth linked to above. They lay out the requirements quite well.

How do I get photos from my iPhone to MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.