Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

This iPad Can No Longer View This Home

I ran into this issue today. I'm not sure how long it has been happening since I haven't used the Home app in a long time:

I took this image from App Home - Apple Community but it's effectively the same as I am seeing. I updated iOS to 15.7.8 on an iPad Air 2. I reinstalled the Home app as suggested but the issue persists. I suppose I could do a factory reset to revert to an older version of the app. However, after everything updates, I'd be back in the same position so I'm quite hesitant to try that.

The Home app seems to be suggesting the issue is software and not hardware. The App Store says under Compatibility: "Works on this iPad".

Why does this error occur? How do I resolve it?

iPad Air 2

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 10:11 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2024 7:56 AM in response to Roland Breedveld

Roland Breedveld wrote:

Why is my iPad with 15.8.2 no longer compatible anymore with HomeKit ?

@Apple please correct this for ios 15

As above, presumably you have allowed your home to Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support, and your older iPad isn't able to update to iOS 16. Apple clearly signaled their intent with that support document. We're on iOS 17 now with 18 out later this year. Apple are not going to patch iOS 15 at this late date.

tt2

Aug 16, 2023 5:22 AM in response to MrMas77

MrMas77 wrote:

The "more" button doesn't appear in the Home app. The only option I have is to add a home. When I go to that dialog and add a name, I click Save and get the error "Could not add home"

Were you also using that iPad as a home hub or is there some other device that should be performing that role? Do you have any devices running iOS 16 or Ventura?

tt2

This iPad Can No Longer View This Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.