trying to clean a MacBook Air

I have erased the HD. Now when I start the computer, it asks for my modem signon, and then a black/grey globe just keeps rotating. Help?

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 4:41 PM

Proceed as described in If you can't start up from macOS Recovery - Apple Support. Even though the "warning symbol" has yet to appear in the globe icon, that is the point at which it getting stuck.

The bullet points that follow next describe several different suggestions, followed by "If you still need help, contact Apple Support."

Just in case it was your intent to erase the Mac in preparation for trading it in / "recycling" or giving it away, you don't have to proceed at all. You're already done.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 4:41 PM in response to helpcleaningamac

Proceed as described in If you can't start up from macOS Recovery - Apple Support. Even though the "warning symbol" has yet to appear in the globe icon, that is the point at which it getting stuck.

The bullet points that follow next describe several different suggestions, followed by "If you still need help, contact Apple Support."

Just in case it was your intent to erase the Mac in preparation for trading it in / "recycling" or giving it away, you don't have to proceed at all. You're already done.

trying to clean a MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.