Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Trouble Backing Up iPhone to iCloud

I am unable to back up iPhone to iCloud using instructions Apple provides. I am connected to power, wifi, and have adequate iCloud storage, however, when I try to select “Back Up This iPhone”, it quickly deselects on its own. Video of issue from phone

iPhone 14 Pro Max

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 8:22 PM

bufddymike Said:

"Hello, Just tried your suggestion. I signed out and signed back in. This did not fix the issue. Thank you, anyways. Regards, Michael"

-------

You are welcome.

Not sure then.

Screen Time is the Culprit:

A. Who's Phone Is This?

Is this a company owned phone? If so, you may not have the permissions to do so.

B. Disable Screen Time, and then restart the device performing all of this.  Screen Time is found in Settings.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Disabling Screentime:

• Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child's name. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode."
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 8:22 PM in response to bufddymike

bufddymike Said:

"Hello, Just tried your suggestion. I signed out and signed back in. This did not fix the issue. Thank you, anyways. Regards, Michael"

-------

You are welcome.

Not sure then.

Screen Time is the Culprit:

A. Who's Phone Is This?

Is this a company owned phone? If so, you may not have the permissions to do so.

B. Disable Screen Time, and then restart the device performing all of this.  Screen Time is found in Settings.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Disabling Screentime:

• Go Here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child's name. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode."

Aug 15, 2023 7:37 PM in response to bufddymike

bufddymike Said:

"Trouble Backing Up iPhone to iCloud: I am unable to back up iPhone to iCloud using instructions Apple provides. I am connected to power, wifi, and have adequate iCloud storage, however, when I try to select 'Back Up This iPhone', it quickly deselects on its own."

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Backup:

Perform a New iCloud Session:

Log out of iCloud and then log back in.*** A common reason isif you've assigned a new Apple ID to this, then that is why you need to perform this.

*Source: iCloud Drive keeps turning off - Apple Community

Link for Reference:

Go Here: If you can't Back Up to iCloud - Apple Support

Trouble Backing Up iPhone to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.