iCloud notification/backup

I keep getting the message that my iPhone 11 mini is not backed up on iCloud. I want this notification to stop.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 12:52 PM

AppleTransAm wrote:

I just found out also that all my notes are gone after I turned off iCloud backup and I had a lot of them. How do I get them back. Many were very important! Thanks.

Sorry did not turn off icloiud backup, your notes and reminders were synced to icloud and the is what you turned off big difference, and isn't part of the backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

To turn off icloud backup, read here How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

Re-enable reminders and notes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 12:52 PM in response to AppleTransAm

AppleTransAm wrote:

I just found out also that all my notes are gone after I turned off iCloud backup and I had a lot of them. How do I get them back. Many were very important! Thanks.

Sorry did not turn off icloiud backup, your notes and reminders were synced to icloud and the is what you turned off big difference, and isn't part of the backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

To turn off icloud backup, read here How to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support

Re-enable reminders and notes.

iCloud notification/backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.