Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 14 getting hot

I have been using I phone almost 8 years. Recently I bought I phone 14 almost 2 months back. Since day one I noticed while charging it is getting too hot and also during video call the phone is getting too hot.

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 8:20 PM

Hello IQMK!

It is normal for an iPhone to warm up when performing certain activities. As long as you don’t see a pop up message referring to the temperature of your iPhone on your device’s screen, you are fine.

👉 If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

Have a nice day, and good luck!

5 replies

Aug 16, 2023 8:21 PM in response to IQMK

IQMK Said:

"I phone 14 getting hot: I have been using I phone almost 8 years. Recently I bought I phone 14 almost 2 months back. Since day one I noticed while charging it is getting too hot and also during video call the phone is getting too hot."

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty. So, rather than fiddle with this anymore contact Apple Support, and have this looked at. If found to be faulty, then the service would likely be nothing on you.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Sep 17, 2023 1:38 PM in response to williamsapp

williamsapp Said:

"I got all the messages and mine got so hot it burn my hand then Verizon sent a replacement now I’ve received five replacements. Still the same issue."

-------

Get this iPhone Serviced, ASAP:

A. Apple Stores:

Set up a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. If it were an earlier model, getting it serviced may not be an option. So, you'd have to take this to your local AASP (Apple Authorized service Provider). See (B.) below.

also...

B. Contact an AASP:

Another option might be to contact an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider). See what services that offer for this.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

iPhone 14 getting hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.