Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

restoring apple mail folders and finder folders from icloud

My Mac was lost in the Lahaina fire along with everything else. I have a new Mac, and I want to restore the Apple mail and finder folders from the iCloud. I need help with this.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 9:22 PM

When you set up a new Mac Set up your Mac - Apple Support the same Apple ID and its password with accounts credentials that are used in old Mac will sync all documents / files Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support when i cloud drive is turned as on Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support , so you must not be worried to loose them .

You have to turn mails box from system preferences , and add mail accounts Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support with its account credentials in internet accounts , all mails from server will sync .

See the articles Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple SupportUse your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › mac-help › mac

Add an internet account - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › guide › mac-help › mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 9:22 PM in response to 1950Barb

When you set up a new Mac Set up your Mac - Apple Support the same Apple ID and its password with accounts credentials that are used in old Mac will sync all documents / files Get file, folder and disk information on Mac - Apple Support when i cloud drive is turned as on Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support , so you must not be worried to loose them .

You have to turn mails box from system preferences , and add mail accounts Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support with its account credentials in internet accounts , all mails from server will sync .

See the articles Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple SupportUse your Internet accounts on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › mac-help › mac

Add an internet account - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › guide › mac-help › mac

restoring apple mail folders and finder folders from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.